- BS, Chemistry.
- MS, Chemistry.
- Undergraduate- California State University Los Angeles (2011): BS, Chemistry.
- Masters- California State University Los Angeles (2013): MS, Chemistry.
I am currently an inorganic graduate student in the chemistry and biochemistry department at the University of Arizona. I am interested in molecular imaging, inorganic synthesis and organic synthesis. Since joining the Contrast Agent Molecular Engineering Laboratory (CAMEL), I have been working on developing a cobalt chemical exchange saturation transfer (CoCEST) contrast agent that will be able to detect enzyme activity in pre-clinical models of cancer. Additionally, I am probing small organic molecules as potential diamagnetic (diaCEST) contrast agents and their metal chelating capabilities to potentially detect low concentrations of various biologically relevant metal ions such as zinc and iron.
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry California State University Los Angeles Lloyd Ferguson Scholarship.
- MBRS-RISE NIH Fellowship.
- Adwoa Sasu, Irvin Coria, James Huang, Alison McCurdy. (2012). Understanding oscillatory calcium signaling via a photochromic reversible calcium cage. Presented poster at the 242nd ACS National Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Adwoa Sasu, Irvin Coria, James Huang, Alison McCurdy. (2011). Synthesis of a photochromic reversible cage to better understand oscillatory calcium signaling. Presented poster at the 43rd ACS Western Regional Meeting, Pasadena, CA.
- Adwoa Sasu, Pedro Navarro, Bernardo Ferrerio, Sara Shirmohammadi, Alison McCurdy. (2011). Developing chemical tools to help understand oscillatory calcium signaling. Presented poster at the 241st ACS National Meeting, Anaheim, CA.
- Adwoa Sasu, Joshua E. Cohen, Alison McCurdy. (2010). Calcium Oscillatory Signaling. Student talk at the National Organization of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers Western Regional Meeting, San Diego, CA.